Sights of Interest
- Firstly we have the local village itself, containing a dozen houses, a church, a quiet
fishing harbour, and of course ourselves.
- 500 metres to our right, we have an ancient ruined town ( over 2000 years old), which is well
worth a visit, containing miraculously-well preserved buildings, many examples of old greek mosaic,
and a host of other interests.
- 1Km to our left lie the remains of part of the German occupation of Greece from the Second
- Uncountable fresh water springs flow into the bay in front of the hotel, and on a clear day
swimming one can sometimes see parts of the ancient flooded town under the shallow clear sea.
- Plus it must be said that we have a plethora of perfect paths for walking, exploring, bicycling,
fishing and relaxing along in the area.
- The Mystras Monasteries, Churches, and Ruined Town.
- Diros Caves - One of the biggest cave complexes in Europe - Travel around these caves
is performed by boat.
- Elafonessos - the second most popular tourist island in Greece
- Githeo - A castle town, where each house is a castle. One of only 3 inhabited old
castles in Greece, another is Monemvassia.
- Monemvassia Town and Castle, no cars are allowed within the walls of Monemvassia Castle and
the surrounding small town, - and in any case the would not fit down the narrow lanes and passageways,
so all goods transportation is provided by mules. This thriving and very much unique town, a
former capital if the Peleponeese region of Greece is not to be missed.
site design by